Prerequisites None

Language of Instruction Turkish
Course Level Bachelor's Degree
Course Type Elective
Mode of delivery
Course Coordinator
Instructors Esra GÖZELER
Assistants
Goals Recognizing the new approaches relating to qur'anic exegesis in modern era, the representatives of the approaches and the written works they produced in detail and enquiring the way of transformation occured in the Muslim imagination of the Qur'an and the meaning of the mentioned transformation.
Course Content Recognizing in detail the new approaches relating to the Qur'anic exegesis in modern era, the representatives of the approaches and the written works theyproduced and enquiring the inti way of transformation occured in the Muslim imagination of the Qur'an and the meaning of the mentioned transformation to the extent that the course Religious Culture and Ethics requires.
Learning Outcomes 1) Recognizes the new Approaches to the Quran and the representatives of several opinions.
2) Becomes able to analyse the new approaches in Quranic exegesis under favour of classical tafsir tradition-background.
3) Explains the Quranic intentions of contemporary muslim thinkers.
4) Draws a parallel between Quranic understandings of muslim scholars from past to now.

Weekly Topics (Content)
Week Topics Teaching and Learning Methods and Techniques Study Materials
1. Week Conteptual Framework Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion

Presentation (Including Preparation Time)
2. Week Qur'an and Modernity Lecture; Question Answer; Problem Solving; Discussion
Workshop
Project Based Learning
Homework
3. Week Sayyid Ahmad Khan Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Panel
Scenario Based Learning
Homework
4. Week Jamaluddin al-Afghani, Muhammad Abduh Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Panel
Scenario Based Learning
Homework
5. Week Rashid Ridha, Mustafa al-Maraghi, Mahmud Shaltut Lecture; Problem Solving; Discussion
Debate
Scenario Based Learning
Homework
6. Week Iskandarani, Tantawi Jawhari Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Speech Loop
Storyline
Homework
7. Week Amin Al-Khuli, A'isha Abdurrahman Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Opinion Pool
Storyline
Homework
8. Week Muhammad Ahmad Khalafullah Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Buzz Group
Problem Based Learning
Homework
9. Week Abu al-A'la al-Mawdudi, Sayyid Qutb Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Six Hats Thinking
Problem Based Learning
Homework
10. Week Elmalili Muhammad Hamdi Yazir Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Six Hats Thinking
Problem Based Learning
Homework
11. Week Fazlur Rahman Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Symposium
Problem Based Learning
Homework
12. Week Hasan Hanafi, Muhammad Arkoun Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Speech Loop
Problem Based Learning
Homework
13. Week Suleyman Ates, Huseyin Atay Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Colloquium
Storyline
Homework
14. Week Muhammad Shahrur, Nasr Hamid Abu Zaid Lecture; Question Answer; Discussion
Speech Loop
Problem Based Learning
Homework

Sources Used in This Course
Recommended Sources
1. Fahruddîn er-Râzî, Mefâtîhu’l-Ğayb, I-XXXII, Beyrut 1990 2. ez-Zemahşerî, el-Keşşâf, I-IV, Beyrut 1983 3. el-Mâtürîdî, Te’vîlâtü’l-Kur’ân, I-XVI, İstanbul 2005 4. el-Cessâs, Ahkâmu’l-Kur’ân, I-IV, Beyrut 1985 5. et-Taberî, Câmiu’l-Beyân an Te’vîli Âyi’l-Kur’ân, I-XXX, Kahire 1954 6. İbn Kesir, Tefsîru’l-Kur’âni’l-Azîm, I-IV, Beyrut 1969 7. el-Beyzâvî, Envâru’t-Tenzîl ve esrâru’t-te’vîl, I-II, İstanbul 1886 8. el-Bursevî, Rûhu’l-beyân fî tefsîri’l-Kur’ân, I-X, İstanbul 1969 9. Ebû Hayyân, el-Bahru’l-Muhît 10. el-Baklî, Arâisu’l-beyân fî hakâiki’l-Kur’ân 11. Ebû’s-Suûd, İrşâdu’l-akli’s-selîm ilâ mezâyâ’l-Kitâbi’l-Kerîm 12. Ettafeyyiş, Himyânu’z-zâd fî hedyi hayri’l-ıbâd ilâ dâri’l-meâd 13. el-Feyz el-Kâşânî, es-Sâfî fî tefsîri Kelâmillâhi’l-Vâfî 14. Furât el-Kûfî, Tefsîru’l-Kur’ân 15. el-Hâzin, Lübâbu’t-te’vîl fî maânî’t-Tenzîl 16. el-Hevvârî, Tefsîru Kitâbillâhi’l-Azîz 17. İbn Arabî, Tefsîru’l-Kur’ân 18. İbnu’l-Arabî, Ahkâmu’l-Kur’ân 19. İbn Sînâ, Tefsîru sureti’l-İhlâs 20. el-Kâdî Abdulcebbâr, Tenzîhu’l-Kur’ân ani’l-metâin 21. el-Kurtubî, el-Câmi’ li Ahkâmi’l-Kur’ân 22. en-Nehhâs, Maânî’l-Kur’ân 23. en-Nesefî, Medâriku’t-Tenzîl ve hakâiku’t-te’vîl, 24. eş-Şâfiî, Ahkâmu’l-Kur’ân 25. eş-Şevkânî, Fethu’l-Kadîr 26. et-Tabersî, Mecmau’l-beyân 27. et-Tûsî, et-Tibyânu’l-câmi’ li ulûmi’l-Kur’ân

Relations with Education Attainment Program Course Competencies
Program RequirementsContribution LevelDK1DK2DK3DK4
PY250000
PY850000
PY1350000

*DK = Course's Contrubution.
0 1 2 3 4 5
Level of contribution None Very Low Low Fair High Very High

ECTS credits and course workload
Event Quantity Duration (Hour) Total Workload (Hour)
Course Duration (Total weeks*Hours per week) 14 2
Work Hour outside Classroom (Preparation, strengthening) 14 1
Homework 14 1
Presentation (Including Preparation Time) 14 1
Midterm Exam 1 1
Final Exam 1 1
1 1
14 1
Total Workload
Total Workload / 30 (s)
ECTS Credit of the Course
Quick Access Hızlı Erişim Genişlet